About the conference
The #AMRconference is a platform for SMEs, start-ups, big pharma, academia, investors and public institutions to discuss strategies and the specific challenges faced by SMEs in bringing new antimicrobial treatments and diagnostics to the market.
The “AMR Conference” was started in 2017 as part of the annual “Berlin Conference on Life Sciences” series which was established by BIOCOM AG twelve years ago as an event format to discuss the challenges of SME-driven innovation for the health market and to offer a platform for meeting experts from business, science, clinics, finance, regulatory affairs and intellectual property.
See an overview of highlights of the 2019 AMR Conference below.
The BEAM Alliance is one of the major supporting partners of the AMR Conference. Launched in June 2015, the BEAM (Biotech companies in Europe combating AntiMicrobial Resistance) Alliance is a strong network of more than 60 small and medium-sized European biotech and diagnostics companies committed to developing innovative products for fending off antibiotic-resistant pathogens. The aim is to establish the AMR Conference as the one-stop-shop in Europe to meet all AMR relevant stakeholders.
The European Biotechnology Magazine with its website european-biotechnology.com is the major media partner of the AMR Conference. It is a quarterly publication with a distribution of 10,000 copies across Europe which is supported by many national biotech associations.
#AMRconference 2019 highlights:
- The 2019 conference took place 14–15 March in Berlin, Germany:
- 332 delegates from 23 countries
- 200+ pre-scheduled investor partnering meetings
- A poster session with 50 posters, and an exhibition in the main networking area
- One health approach with a focus on human and animal health
- 75 speakers discussing current issues in various focused tracks
- 12 sessions covering these topics: Financing and funding | Start-up pitch | Clinical development and market access | Therapeutics and diagnostics | Surveillance | R&D trends
- Policy forum & workshop on AMR financing, co-organised with World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD
- Pre-conference workshop on ‘Resistance testing – beyond serial passage experiments’, jointly supported by NOVO Repair Impact Fund, GARDP, CARB-X and Wellcome Trust
- Congratulations to the winner of the Start-up Pitch, Özden Baltekin of Astrego Diagnostics AB, and the winners of the Poster Prize, Franziska Mandl (aBACTER, Technical University of Munich) and Matteo Ceccarelli (University of Cagliari)
- Supported by our Sponsors, partners and exhibitors
About the Organiser
- Swiss Biotech Day
- Global Bioeconomy Summit
- The European Forum on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioeconomy