About the conference:
The #AMRconference is a platform for SMEs, start-ups, big pharma, academia, investors and public institutions to discuss strategies and the specific challenges faced by SMEs in bringing new antimicrobial treatments and diagnostics to the market.
The 2019 conference took place 14–15 March in Berlin, Germany.
#AMRconference 2019 highlights:
- 332 delegates from 23 countries
- 200+ pre-scheduled investor partnering meetings
- A poster session with 50 posters, and an exhibition in the main networking area
- One health approach with a focus on human and animal health
- 75 speakers discussing current issues in various focused tracks
- 12 sessions covering these topics: Financing and funding | Start-up pitch | Clinical development and market access | Therapeutics and diagnostics | Surveillance | R&D trends
- Policy forum & workshop on AMR financing, co-organised with World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD
- Pre-conference workshop on ‘Resistance testing – beyond serial passage experiments’, jointly supported by NOVO Repair Impact Fund, GARDP, CARB-X and Wellcome Trust
- Congratulations to the winner of the Start-up Pitch, Özden Baltekin of Astrego Diagnostics AB, and the winners of the Poster Prize, Franziska Mandl (aBACTER, Technical University of Munich) and Matteo Ceccarelli (University of Cagliari)
- Supported by our Sponsors, partners and exhibitors