The pre-conference webinar provided an update on the survey results and the current state of the AMR community.
The current global health crisis caused by COVID-19 shows more than ever the importance of infectious diseases expertise and the high need for further fighting against antimicrobial resistance. In the run-up of this year’s digital AMR conference week from 24 to 28 August, this webinar shed light on the current AMR community climate, presenting first insights from recent surveys on the following questions:
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on companies, investors and scientists?
- How did the crisis change perception of infectious diseases expertise?
- Which priorities are identified in the fight against AMR for the upcoming years?
- Which current trends can be observed towards financing in the AMR community?
- How different are perceptions all over the globe?
Speakers & Panelists:
- Marc Gitzinger, Vice President, BEAM Alliance & CEO, BioVersys
- Aleks Engel, Partner, Novo Holdings & Director, REPAIR Impact Fund at Novo Holdings
- Erin Duffy, Chief of Research & Development, CARB-X
- Anand Anandkumar, CEO, Bugworks