Date of the event
14–15 March 2019
The 12th Berlin Conference on Life Sciences "Novel Antimicrobials and AMR Diagnostics 2019" will take place at the:
Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin
10178 Berlin, Germany
How to get to the venue
You will find more information on how to get to the venue on the Radisson Blu Hotel's website.
Public transport journey planner: www.bvg.de
+++ BUS DRIVER STRIKE ANNOUNCED FOR 14 MARCH +++
We would like to inform you that the public transport operator ‘Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe’ (BVG) has announced a strike of its bus drivers. The strike will take place in Berlin on Thursday, 14 March (starting at 3:30 and is due to last until 22:00).
It only affects buses across Berlin. U-Bahn (subway), S-Bahn and trams will be running as scheduled.
Here's how you could be affected:
- The strike will mainly affect travellers from/to Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL) as it is only served by busses for public transport. The bus lines TXL, X9, 128 and 109 from/to Tegel airport will not operate until 22:00.
- For Airport Tegel (TXL) tavellers we hence recommend to allow more time for their journey. You have the following options to get from the airport:
- Take a taxi directly to your destination.
- Alternatively, take a taxi to the nearest S-Bahn stop "Jungfernheide". From there, you can take the line S41 and get off at "Westkreuz". Then switch to S-Bahn lines S3 (direction Erkner), S7 (direction Ahrensfelde) or S9 (direction Flughafen Schoenefeld). Get off at "Hackescher Markt". From there, it is 500 m (6 minutes) walking distance to the Radisson Blu Berlin hotel.
- Travellers from Airport Schönefeld (SXF) can take the S-Bahn S9 (direction Spandau) or regional trains (RE 7 or RE 14 Airport Express train) to "Alexanderplatz" station. From Alexanderplatz:
- You can walk down Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse towards the River Spree. The hotel is on the right, just before the bridge. The walk takes around 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, take either tram M4, M5 or M6 for just one stop, from "S+U Alexanderplatz Bhf/Gontardstr" to "Spandauer Str./Marienkirche"; the hotel is then just around the corner on Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse.
Visa & Confirmation Letter
Participants from certain countries may require a visa in order to travel to Germany. Participants are requested to check with German representations in their country well in advance of their travel date. It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa if necessary.
Official “letters of confirmation” are designed to assist with obtaining an entry visa and can be issued for registered delegates of Berlin Conference on Life Sciences 2019 upon receipt of payment for participants’ registration. Please note, that such letters do not represent a commitment on the part of the organizers to provide any financial assistance.
In preparation of a confirmation letter, we will need the following information:
- Name of participant (as it appears on passport)
- The date of birth of the participant
- Passport number
- The address of the consulate or embassy where you will be applying for the visa
- The date and city of your departure for the conference
- The date and city of your arrival for the conference
- The date and city of your departure to return home
- The date and city of your arrival to return home
For any press enquiries please contact events@
The official language of the event is English.
For any questions, please contact event manager Uta Holmer at +49-30-26-49-21-53 or u.holmer@. biocom.de